No fly weather continues – delay in field deployment

The weather has gotten worse today. The current weather from McMurdo intranet below.

Slide2

The wind is quite strong and can be heard inside.

Bad weather today. By McMurdo standards, still "Condition 3" or relatively good weather.

Bad weather today. By McMurdo standards, still "Condition 3" or relatively good weather.

View from Crary library. Observation hill and other hills in the distance are obscured. There is also some blowing snow.

View from Crary library. Observation hill and other hills in the distance are obscured. There is also some blowing snow.

The helicopter flights cannot take off, so our deployment is delayed to Monday. If weather improves, Bill will leave on Friday to help the carpenters set up the bot-house platform.

Meanwhile, I took th refresher course in field safety today. I am so glad I don’t have to take happy camper course this time – it would have been brutal in this weather.

Advertisements

2 Responses to No fly weather continues – delay in field deployment

  1. Rajani says:

    wow! I do hope the weather gets better soon for u all. awesome job with the postings!

    • sgulati says:

      The weather has indeed become very “nice” since yesterday. Hopefully, it will continue to be so and we can get to our field site on Monday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: